IDEX Production Buyer in Waterloo, Ontario
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
POSITION: Production Buyer
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manger
LOCATION: Waterloo, Ontario
IDEX MPT. is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
The primary function of this position is to work proactively to achieve on-time delivery of production parts requirements while continually meeting or exceeding cost and inventory targets as well as quality and design expectations. This will include managing a defined commodity of materials and suppliers for all IDEX MPT needs.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Release and negotiate direct purchases of materials utilizing MRP functionality
• Review part specifications and any related drawings for new parts and prepare RFQ accordingly
• Coordinate with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Control, Technical Documentation, and Manufacturing to ensure timely delivery
• Follow and uphold all purchasing processes
• Monitor inventory levels and maintain optimum stock levels to support production activities and inventory goals
• Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers
• Manage vendors’ performance and resolve any issues
• Ensure continuity of supply while escalating constraints as appropriate
• Communicate material delays and scheduling conflicts with Planning
• Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all supplier partners
• Implement cost reduction strategies and maintain cost baselines
• Management and implementation of all Engineering change requests
• Maintain MRP material system set-up
• Develop a good understanding of the products, the supply base and the associated technologies
• Keep abreast of current and emerging technologies as well as their business implications
• Work closely with the supplier quality team to ensure all suppliers meet quality expectations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline (Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or Business)
• Industry Certifications considered an asset (CSCMP, CPIM, CSCP, CCLP, etc.)
• Minimum of 2 years of progressive Supply Chain Management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience directly managing material procurement and associated suppliers
• MRP/ERP experience required (Visual, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
• Excellent negotiation skills a must
• Intermediate level skills required in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• A strong team-player with experience working in cross-functional teams is preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good problem analysis and resolution skills
• Committed to continuous improvement within the supply chain
• The ability to multitask and to prioritize those tasks
Physical Environment and Environmental Factors
• Regularly works in an office setting.
• Frequently required to stand, sit, talk, and hear
• Must be able to work in front of a computer for a large portion of the day
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: Quadro